Alarm Monitoring of 3CX Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thodgen, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thodgen

I have a customer that is currently running on 9.x version of 3CX. we are in need of doing remote monitoring of the system to be able to detect loss of registrations to ITSP, loss of connectivity with Voicemail, etc. on the system. I don't see the capability within 3CX version 9.x, nor see it detailed in version 10 or 11 as well.

I'm looking for information with regards to how others are doing monitoring of system for remote notification of alarms, system errors, etc. Maybe I just need to look at doing this from the server level, but was hoping there was something within 3CX for doing this as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

v11 most certainly notifies me when SIP Trunk registrations fail, when calls are busy, etc.

It won't log "everything" you want, but does provide a good set of items. Here's a bit of that list:

Someone dials an Emergency Number
    The status of a trunk changes
    The registration status of an extension changes
    An IP has been blacklisted
    A new service pack or update is released

3. tom_ch

@ian.watts: I think thodgen is asking for monitoring with SNMP or similar.

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

That does make more sense.. as an MSP we monitor servers/routers/etc as well.. that would be no, then.
    The email notification in v11 has been "sufficient" for us thus far. Not "the best" as far as tying in with SpiceWorks/Kaseya/nAble/etc.

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

As of version 10, 3CX writes to the application log. If you go to the E-mail Notifications tab and mouse over the help icon, you will see the event number you can set triggers for. If you are using a reasonable RMM tool you should be able to monitor the log for certain events and set notification/remediation actions based on that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eQDoBBs

Hi,

I too am interested in capturing health and performance data from 3CX. As a reseller of the SolarWinds monitor platform I am adept at monitoring a wide range of devices and applications. I would like to capture for alerting, reporting and trend analysis purposes the following:

1. SIP Registration Status
    2. Total number of active phone registrations
    3. Total Calls made
    4. Errors

In an ideal world 3CX would have a PerfMon library to query for points 1 - 3 and a Syslog export function for number 4. Alternatively I can use file content monitoring for number 4 (no where near as efficient) and use an API for 1 -3. I am not sure if this is possible however, so if someone has done this I would appreciate them sharing their knowledge.

Can I put this forward as a feature request as well please.

many thanks

Mark

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

since 2009...

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

SY, I am in my performance counters for my Win7 Pro 3cx server / 3cx v12 SP5.
    The list skips from .NET Memory Cache 4.0 to ASP.NET. No entry for 3cx.

Do we need to install this counter? or is it available on a server grade OS Only?

(http://www.3cx.com/forums/performance-monitors-11913.html#p62702)

9. bardissi

bardissi Member

Depending on what rmm you are using you can pull the data you want out of the windows event logs.
    All things 3cx good and bad go there....

10. eQDoBBs

Hi,

I too do not have the 3CX Counter entry showing in my PerfMon, hence me posting previously. I will do a resync on the WMI repository when I get back into the office, but if you can confirm if this should be added to the Performance counter library upon installation.

I am running 3CX v12.0.34902.600 SP4 on Windows 2008 R2

The Syslog feature is this something that would be considered for inclusion?

thanks

Mark

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Installer does not register 3CXPerfmon.dll.
    You can try to register it manually using regsvr32.
    There is no guarantee that it will work on every installation.
    Works on Windows 7. Supposedly will work on Windows 2008R2 too.

Feature requests are discussed on ideas (3cx.com/ideas)
    You can post new or vote(comment) existing one.

Thanks

12. bsanders

Sy,

I have Windows 2008R2 (licensed 3cx) and registered the dll then rebooted but the counters produce no counts. Any ideas?

thanks.

13. eQDoBBs

Same here:

Process attempted:

1. Unregister the DLL
    2. Register the DLL
    3. Reboot
    4. Rescync WMI

Variations on the process above, with reboots and resync's at different points.

At no time did 3CX appear, either in the performance counter library or via the lodctr command to identify if is was installed but disable.

Mark

14. tom_ch

Vote for this: http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=211

where I can't post ideas without having a Facebook or Twitter account. It's still absolutely ridiculous.

15. bsanders

Tom - I would agree requiring FB/twit to vote does seem ridiculous.

Support - SNMP would also be very nice but if the dll is there and registered can we get perfmon to function first?

Anyone get perfmon working?

16. eQDoBBs

I have still not been able to get the performance counters registered. Is there anything else that can be done. it appears this is not an isolated issue.

17. bsanders

Sadly getting this to work currently isn't a high priority for 3CX.

From support:

"We have asked the Testing and Dev team to advise, however it transpires the the code base for 3CX Performance Monitor has not been updated to x64 and hence the issue in question.

There are currently no plans to implement this at this stage."

Running perf in 32bit doesn't work either. Extremely disappointed by this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.