Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Alert for incoming call to IVR/Digital Receptionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tim942, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim942

I have been working on the digital receptionist feature and I have odd feature that I would like to emulate. Our current system will ring an extension once when a call hits the IVR and I would like to reproduce that cleanly. I have not been able to find anything in 3CX documentation nor in the forums. I could create a dummy extension, tie it to the phone and forward it to the digital receptionist after one ring (probably a custom ring). Does anyone else have any insight?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First I've ever heard of an option like that. While it might be desirable in a very quiet, low call volume situation (oh, get ready, here comes this hours call), I could see it being a nuisance when agents are already busy on calls. If it is quiet, calls generally will go right to an agent, so the "notification" ring will only be a few seconds before the call is actually presented to an idle agent.

That's the sort of thing that I would suggest trying. It wouldn't be a dummy extension as it requires a device be registered to activate it's ringer. You could use an ATA and "ring" anything, including a flashing light, that could be activated by a PSTN line.

I'm hoping that there will not be any caller ID issues passing though the extension.

3. tim942

Sorry I have not gotten back, I am waiting on a PRI to fully test this. It works for the most part, it even seems to pass the caller ID correctly (internal extensions at least). The major problem right now is the phone forwarding feature on the Yealink phones. It is overriding any timers 3CX uses, which I am going to submit as a bug because a hunt group should not go to voicemail if someone figures out how to call forward on the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.