• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Alerting if people are in queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mase2hot

Reaction score
Hi,

it is possible to have staff alerted that there are other customers in the queue trying to get through?

Also is it possible to show what numbers customers are calling on. For example any customers dialling our 0800 numbers would would like to know if they are waiting in the queue as they are a priority....

I dont quite follow your meaning but i will try to explain the queue and best setups and hopefully we will have enough for you to work with for your situation.

Firstly covering your 800 number. Create an inbound rule that forwards it to a queue just for that number as it is a priority. Give that queue a name (e.g. 800 support) and add the extensions that need to answer the call in the queue.

Secondly to see which number people called in you use the queue name. In the Settings > General > Global options, check the Append Group and DID names to Caller ID and then under that choose append or prepend (we use prepend so people see if on smaller screens).

Now when someone calls your 800 number the extensions in the queue will see "800 support:<callerid>" (from our earlier example).

When you say is it possible to have staff alerted when others are in the queue - i dont quite understand that. Do you mean if everyone is on a call and others are waiting? If someone is not on the phone and logged into the queue then their phone will ring. If they are on the phone you dont want them to hang up to take another call do you?

If there is a situation where someone is making a non urgent call and needs to get off if a queue call comes in then they should still see the queue call in their assistant and hang up and then can use the assistant to take the call.

Thanks I will set it that way. If I enable extensions to be able to receive more than one call, would that mean if people are waiting in the queue and they were on their phone that the would see somone is waiting in the queue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.