• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

All agents automatically logged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyztech

Reaction score
I'm using 3CXPhone with CTI to Yealink T41 handsets. I have all of the 3CX Phone clients to automatically log agents in and out of queues when available/away. However, this seems to have the unintended side-effect of logging all of my agents into the queues each morning when office hours start.

We operate a call center for 16 hours a day, so I have agents in and out all day long. Automatically logging them in when office hour start isn't desirable as not everyone is here at the same time. Addtionally, I cannot set hours per extension because they vary wildly--there's no set schedule, just a weekly schedule and the tedium of changing office hours per user each week would get me murdered by the managers of that department.

Is there a way to stop the system from logging all agents in at the start of office hours if I want 3CX Phone to change agent availability based on their status in 3CX Phone?

To be clear, my extensions are set as follows for the "Office Hours Scheduling":
-This extension uses Global Office Hours
-Log out from queues when not available (Away / Out of Office)
-Block Outbound calls outside of Office Hours

"Automatically Change profile extension based on time of day" is NOT selected.

Hi there!

Try this work-around:
When people leave trying dialing *34 to put the extension in the "Out of Office 2" (not "Out of Office") status and then dial *63 to logout that extension from the Queues.
This way, when the Office Hours come around the extension will remain in "Out of Office 2" and Logged out of the Queues.

Then when someone wants to change this simply dial *30 (change status to "Available") and *62 to Log back into the Queues.

I've been struggling with this issue for nearly 18 months without any resolution. The work-around suggested by Nick is not an acceptable response for an issue that should be fixed.

I purchased a support contract so that I could have the "opportunity" to create a ticket and report this as a bug. It is amazing that I have to PAY to submit a but ticket.

I submitted a ticket, WMQ-324-28406, on 03/11/2014. It was responded to by Marios Solomou. At first I was told that it was intentionally designed like this, but it was obviously not. The tooltips next to this feature, as well as the user manual, specifically state how it should function and it does not function properly.

After many back-and-forth emails and phone calls trying to convince Mario and Kevin Attard Compagno about this issue, this is what I was told:

As previously said you can achieve this behavior by disabling the "Log out from queues when not available (Away / Out of office)". Since you would like users to automatically be logged out of all the queues, when they set their status to away you can leave this option on, all the users that will be logged out based on the "Log out from queues when not available (Away / Out of office)" automatically will be logged back at 9am as per the office hours.

He basically told me that if I don't want my users to be automatically logged in at 9am when my office hours start, then I need to disable the the single checkbox for "Log out from queues when not available (Away / Out of office)".

This is not how it is supposed to work. The FIRST checkbox for "Automatically change extension profile based on time of day" is the option to log users in/out based on office hours, NOT the second checkbox.

If the second checkbox will log users in/out based on their status AS WELL AS log users in/out based on office hours, then WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE FIRST CHECKBOX IF THE SECOND CHECKBOX IS ALREADY ENABLING THIS OPTION?

I called and spoke to Marios today about this issue and provided him the ticket #. Despite the responses that I received last year about this "non-issue", he told me it is being worked on, that it has been classified as a bug, and it will be fix. He could not provide an ETA. I have absolutely no confidence with 3CX in resolving this bug.

It is disappointing to see that once you purchase from 3CX and they have your money, that they have no concern for their customers at all. What a complete opposite mentality from their sales team. Now I see how they do business...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.