Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved All calls ringing to same ring group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Patrick McNamara, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick McNamara

I've downloaded and configured my first 3CX system, added a block of 20 DIDs and have multiple phones and iPhone clients installed and configured. Inbound and outbound calls and working with clear reception on the calls. However, I configured 3 ring groups each with their own incoming DID, however all 20 numbers in my DID block are ringing to the same ring group (Main Ring Group, a custom group I created).

The Main Ring Group should only be receiving calls from 3 of the DIDs, but instead any number I call in the block rings to the main ring group. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity Log to make sure that your DID rules match the number(s) you are actually receiving.

3. Patrick McNamara

This issue was resolved by changing the format of the DIDs in the sip trunk from 12251234 to *2251234 and updating the inbound rules to the same. Thanks so much for the help Giannos, please make this as resolved.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue was resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.