All clients claim old 3CX is too old..

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Doc Miller, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Miller

I'm posting this here since all my clients (android, iphone, mac and windows all claim the same thing).

Right now, all the clients think 3CX is too old and reports the following message: "3CX phone system version 15 updated with the latest service packs is required"

I'm on 15.5.3849.1 running on Debian.. with android client: 15.1.90 (the mac client gives the same message about "Update 3CX")

And because its making that claim, no client can USE the system.. they can communicate, but not so much use, which means we are broken.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you do have a support contract, i suggest you contact our support on the 3CX Helpdesk portal for more assistance on this. It's not something the community or even 3CX can help you with on the forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Doc, have you changed the PBX's user agent?
    If yes, you will have to revert your change, otherwise no 3CX clients will work, exactly as you described.
    If no, then as Leonidas said, please open a support ticket to our tech support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Doc Miller

Yes, the user agent string was changed (we try to keep the strings "obscure" to improve the security posture).

5. Doc Miller

Let me ask this question then.. is there anyway to change the user agent string AND have it recognized by the clients? (ie: add it as a parameter to the clients?)

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No, there is no support for this. All 3CX clients are implemented around the same core, where user-agent checking is hardcoded and not parametrisable.

P.S If you think it would be an useful feature, you may post your suggestion to our Ideas forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.