All DID calls go to extension 000

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by topdata, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topdata

Hi,

I have a strange problem and can't find the solution somehow.
    I am using 3CX standard v15 with the latest service pack. There are no ringgroups or special settings. I just connected two phones that have extension 000 and 001. Both phones can call eachother and to external numbers. I assigned a DID to each extension by registering the DID numbers in the Trunk section. To prevent mistakes I only use *011 and *012 for the DID numbers. The rest of the number therefor is not checked which should prevent mistakes.

What happens is that all calls end up at extension 000. So something is going wrong with the routing of my DID numbers. I have tried every DID you can imagine (complete number, number with international code in front of it etc.) but I ended up with the last three digits of the DID including the asterisk to make sure it is recognized.

I have also set the office hours to prevent all calls routed to one extension outside the office hours. Have rebooted the 3CX computer, provisioned the phones again, but no result. All calls to the numbers ending with 011 and 012 go to extension 000.

Does anyone recognize this? Please help.

Regards,

Stef

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would start by looking at the 3CX activity log, possibly with a setting to show more detail, for these calls. This may show why calls are routing where they are.

I'm assuming that you have confirmed that your provider is sending the (correct) dialled number (DID), information in the INVITE.

#2 leejor, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    craigreilly likes this.
  3. topdata

How can I see this in the activity log? I can not see the information that you mentioned. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? I was looking for this info too but cannot find it. The log shows only the number of the caller but not the number that they are dialing.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the "area" above the logs, if should show how much detail you wish to see, the logs become much larger as there is a lot more information. That change may show the DID number sent in the initial Invite. Have you confirmed with your provider that they are sending it? That question may save you a lot time.

5. topdata

Above what logs, because I can select almost nothing. Everything that I can select is selected but I can not see what the DID is that has been dialed...

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have changed the logging level to show detailed information, and in the initial Invite for one of the calls you don't see a DID number included, that may be because it isn't there. Did you contact your provider to confirm that they are sending it?

7. topdata

I can not select detailed information. What log are you talking about and where can I find it? The provider is sending the DID number, I have talked to tech support of the provider about it.

8. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi topdata,

I have sent you a p.m.

9. topdata

This is what the log shows. My office hours are set from 07.00 am until 11.00 p.m., so why is everything routed to 000?

Maybe this shows the problem?

03/06/2017 5:32:36 PM - [CM503012]: Inbound office hours rule (unnamed) for 10000 forwards to DN:000
    03/06/2017 5:32:36 PM - Rule matched
    03/06/2017 5:32:36 PM - Checking inbound rule '': hour type = 2; cond = 4; mask = ''
    03/06/2017 5:32:36 PM - Checking inbound rule '': hour type = 3; cond = 6; mask = '*012'
    03/06/2017 5:32:36 PM - Checking inbound rule '': hour type = 2; cond = 6; mask = '*012'
    03/06/2017 5:32:36 PM - Checking inbound rule '': hour type = 3; cond = 6; mask = '*011'
    03/06/2017 5:32:36 PM - Checking inbound rule '': hour type = 2; cond = 6; mask = '*011'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.