All Inbound calls show CLID as the first contact in our list

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by c.holloway, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c.holloway

Good afternoon. We're running 3cxv14 and we're having an odd issue.

Some background, we've had contacts in our company phone book for quite some time before this issue popped up. All of our employees have their cell numbers and names in the phonebook and with these entries in there we had no inbound CLID issues.

The issue started when a number of other contacts were added. Now on the physical phones the inbound CLID is always the first contact in our list, 21st Century Oncology. This persists no matter how I change the settings in the company phone book. We have tried setting this feature to exact match as well as requiring a 10 digit match. I have even turned the feature off and we are still getting the wrong CLID.

I do not believe our provider is pushing any CLID name as I don't see it show up in the logs and this is fine, i'm justy trying to get the wrong name to stop showing up.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @c.holloway

What happens if you delete the 21st Century Oncology contact from your contacts? Does it appear the same on a 3CX client?

3. c.holloway

If i delete the 21st Centruy Oncology contact nothing changes, inbound calls from my cell to my desktop show up with that name.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One of three things then...
    There is another entry that is matching in the company directory.
    The name is being sent by the provider.
    or... it is matching a phone-book entry in the phone itself.

c.holloway likes this.
  5. c.holloway

Leejor,

I found an entry for the company on only some of the phones which was part of the difficulty in tracking it down. This entry had no phone number so it seems to have been acting like a wildcard for any number not in the local phone directory. Thank you for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.