All Incoming calls land to main line number

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Ram!, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram!

Hi,

We have voiptalk as the provider and have some 15 DID, Now the issue which we are facing is that all the incoming calls (i.e. when called all 15 DID) come in to main line number when I give outbound proxy, however if i remove the outbound proxy everything work as expected.

I checked the trace and I only see that incoming land to mainline number when outbound proxy is given and if removed incoming land to the DID which was called.

I checked with provider, provider informed that everything is fine from their end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not quite clear.

What Outbound Proxy are you referring to, one that is used for outbound calls to your provider?

What problems will/do you have if you just remove the Outbound Proxy?

3. Ram!

Hi Leejor,

If you go to Voip provider and click on the voiptalk there is an option called outbound proxy hostname or IP, this is the one which I am talking about.

If I remove there is no problem it works fine with SIP server hostname or IP, however my boss wanted to know why all call route to mainline number when outbound proxy is given.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds as if registering via the proxy causes your provider to receive different information from you, which is then used when sending a call to you. Do outbound calls work without using the proxy in the outbound settings? Have you spoken to your provider about the difference they are seeing at their end? ...or the consequences of not using the proxy?

You could always make use of Wireshark and compare both registrations using, and not using the proxy, and compare incoming calls that route to a DID and those that go to the main number, with both settings. that may give a clue as to, perhaps, an option change that can be made in 3CX, that would allow the use of the proxy.

5. Ram!

Hi leejor,

Yes outbound work fine without outbound proxy, i checked with provider they informed not to use outbound proxy, as 5060 is port forwared to 3CX. However they dont have the answer for the two trace which i shown for with outbound proxy and without outbound proxy.

As if now without outbound proxy everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.