All Phones DND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gigatech, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigatech

Hi All,

3CX Phone System Standard Edition v12.5

the system is working well with no issues.

Although when all phones are set to DND an incoming call just silence for about 30 seconds and hangs up.

the ring group is set to ring all phones for 30 seconds then forward to VM etx11
    out of office hours are set to use the same ring group

to reproduce:
    • put all phones on DND, ring in - Silence
    • take one phone off DND, ring in - ring 30 Sec > VM
    • put all phones on DND, ring in - Silence
    • take a different phone off DND, ring in - ring 30 Sec > VM

One would have thought with a ring group setup in this way, if all phones are DND then the next option would be taken, i.e. VM etx11?

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Many Thanks.

2. Tertius

Hello,

I've really started grasping at straws for answers now, I was confident going through my first 3... But i'd like to try??

I first thought a digital receptionist is meant to do the job of forwarding/closing your calls to whereever. I'm not familiar with V12, do you have Digital Receptionists?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The fact that you are setting all phones in a ring group to DND, may be a scenario that was not anticipated, and may have uncovered a bug of some sort. Being version 12.5 probably means that it probably won't be corrected even if it is, and I don't recall this problem coming up in the past. I would have a look at the 3CX log to see if there are any error messages associated with one of these calls.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The DND functions has been improved in V15.

What I imagine might happening now is that when you call the Ring Group, the 3CX software tries to poll all the phones, but instead of replying with a "Ringing" SIP message, which would cause the caller to hear a ringing sound, they send a "486 Busy", so the 3CX software keeps trying to poll them unsuccessfully until the Timeout is reached. Now in the case where at least 1 phone replies with a "Ringing", then the caller will hear the ringing sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.