All those who have an SPA 3102 - MWI works or not?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by noti, Oct 4, 2007.

1. noti

Hi Guys - please I really need help on this - Does MWI indicator work with SPA3102 + 3CX non free edition of course?

What are the settings related to MWI on SPA3102?

Is it true that if MWI works on spa3102, only 1 extension works and if I have more extensions configured they wont work? My SPA has the cabability of handling 4 registered phones with it. the manual says that it works only for extension 1. I cant even get it to work with ext 1. Please help !!! :roll:

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I don't quite understand I am afraid. The SPA3102 has one FXO and one FXS port. Can handle one PSTN line and one extension so I don't understand four extensions. With regards to MWI I believe this function is dependent on the IP phone or softphone used, I don't believe it functions with analog phones. Anyone, please feel free to correct me.....

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

The WMI light only works with paid versions (which you said you had) and is independent of any VoIP or PSTN gateway. You could use 3CX for only internal calls - extension to extension and no in/outbound calls at all. VM will still work along with the WMI.

What phones do you have?
    If you have Linksys SPA series phones in the phone web config page you need to enter the IP if the 3CX system on the Ext1 tab, Voice Mail Server setting field.

Not familiar with other phones yet.

Hope that helps.