All trunks used up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oliverm, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

Hi

We get a problem appearing every now and again whereby no one is on the phone, but 3cx reports that our license limit is reached and calls in and out fail. The log shows this;

11:12:46.985 Active calls counted toward license limit: [515,644,673,721]

The call ids change depending on the time. Is there anyway to find out where 3cx thinks these calls are taking place? The extensions all show no activity.

Olly

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    It rather looks as if the calls have not completely cleared for some reason. Carefully look at the activity log and make sure that calls have fully cleared. What version is your 3CX? Are there any other symptoms? Is it a licensed version that you have or free? If it is licensed then I suggest that you approach proper 3CX support.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oliverm

Free version, v8.

I take it then really that the only option is to reboot as we do now?

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

No, this is definitely a fault and this should not happen. There is a reason for it. I can see why rebooting gets around it, but that surely is not something you want to live with. I can assure you that 3CX does not normally behave in this way.

In the first instance, please post a copy of the activity log when you have this condition and apparent calls that have only partially cleared. Also, what types of phones and SIP trunks (or provider) or gateways do you have? It would be useful to understand the setup that you have. Are you using any external extensions, or using tunnels, or using VPN between sites?

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Try upgrading to V9 SP2 free version as I had seen similar problems in V8 free versions.

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I have only seen this once before when a client changed the operator extension to a ring group (not using the regular GUI as it will not allow you to do this) but in the custom settings. Please check that. His idea was to have several phone able to ring when the operator was requested. When a member of the group picked up it held the call as busy even after it was over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.