Allow a key press to forward to an external number in an IVR

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Paul Omans, Sep 11, 2017.

Allow a key press to forward to an external number in an IVR 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. Paul Omans

If this is already a feature, I must be missing it. Is there any reason that I cannot set up an IVR so that a specific key forwards the call to an external number? The only possible way I can achieve this is by setting up dummy extensions or dummy ring groups. Why is this not possible directly through the list of key press options in the IVR configuration?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Paul Omans

Just as an update, I am able to achieve this by setting up a dummy extension, setting an IVR option to forward to that extension, and then having that dummy extension forward to an external number. However, this is a pretty messy way to do things, and I would prefer to have the option to type in an external number in the IVR prompt directly, so when a user chooses that option it doesn't have to route the call through a dummy extension and then out to an external number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...