Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Allow all Variables in all email templates

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by TSlocum, May 12, 2016.

Allow all Variables in all email templates 4.9 5 32votes
4.9/5, 32 votes

1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Currently, there are specific variables to each specific email template. All the variables should be available to all the email templates. For example, you can't add %%EXTFIRSTNAME%% %%EXTLASTNAME%% to the Emergency call template.

Matthew Richardson and vizualpro like this.
  2. PatrickTodd

Makes total sense; variables should not be context sensitive in email templates. Having them the same in all makes documentation easy, currently its a guessing game which is just horrible for usability.

3. briankayser

TOTALLY AGREE!
    I wanted to add Extension First and Last name also to our 911 template but could not. Getting an email notification is awesome but only having the extension number is kind of lame. We are a construction company and I have a rule that forwards 911 emails to our safety manager. It would be very helpful to him to be able to see who called 911 by more than just the extension number, of which we have about 300.

I asked support about it, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they redirected me here to suggest it...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I'm bumping this to bring attention to it. It still doesn't make sense that we can't do this.

5. PaulD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. vizualpro

vizualpro New Member

AGREE!!
    I want to know how long a caller was in queue before they hung up - but %%WAITINGTIME%% doesn't work! :mad:

CodeTwo likes this.
  7. Lev

Lev New Member

8. glassen

+1
    Surprised this isn't possible. The whole point of variables is to allow easy customization. Please make all variables available in the templates!
    Half of the email templates are almost useless without this.

XanthiZ likes this.
  9. CodeTwo

+1:mad:

10. PaulD

11. technigogo

+1

12. giwm

giwm New Member

I recently ran into this with the emergency call template. When I'm not in the office, I don't remember which store is which extension. I need those names!

13. Jim Canfield

14. nitrox

15. bob222

This would be very helpful. Our current workaround is to view the extension number provided in the email, then open the 3CX app on smartphone and dial the extension to cause name to be displayed. It would be much more efficient to include the name in the email.

16. vizualpro

vizualpro New Member

17. Stefan Löwe

18. naveensenapathy