• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Allow Call-in option on Video Conference in Webmeeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

accentlogic

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Currently we can setup Audio only telephone conference calls, or Video Webmeetings.

Please allow an option so participants can call in for the audio portion of a webmeeting.

This will allow participants without speakers and/or a microphone to participate, along with those who have no computer access or a poor internet connection.

The invite email should include instructions to use computer speakers/microphone or to use a telephone and dial in number to join the audio portion of the conference. The dial in number and conference ID should also be displayed in the webmeeting.

I understand the licensing for concurrent webmeeting participants and simultaneous calls could be an issue, which is why this should be an option at the client level and would be selected when scheduling the conference.

Upvote 75
I'm running into this issue currently because we'd like to replace Go To Meeting with this but the fact that this is not available is stopping us. We can't record the audio with the video at the same time if they are on separate conferences.

I would very much like to see this feature in 3CX. We have some users that occasionally do not have good enough internet connections that might be out of the office in the field. However they might have phone signal so that would otherwise call in to the conference. I have gotten around this by using my personal join meeting link, but for some of our uses this is one step to much.

This is a feature that is very common into days conferencing services. We currently still have a subscription to another service due to this.
Really hope this is an item on the roadmap that is quickly on the way.

Reactions: accentlogic
We have a number of client who have specifically requested this, and aren't able to displace their existing solution until this is in place. For those clients, this negates the value-add WebMeeting gives.

I concur with all of the above comments. This should be a basic feature and really makes the web meeting component of 3CX useless for us.

+1 to all the above, we have lost a number of potential deployments over this small but potentially essential feature.

Hi all, this feature is in the pipeline and you'l be getting it + much more.

Can you provide an ETA?

Nope ;)
I can tease you more though and tell you what you could do with it.
  • Multiple people can dial into a WebMeeting Conference or Webinar. That's really it. What'd you'd expect.
  • Ability for 1-1 Click2Call meetings. A customer clicks on a WebMeeting Click2Call link on your Website. This link can be generated per extension or per queue depending on whether you want an entire queue to be contacted or only a single person. The user who clicks this link and enters the meeting room will automatically trigger an audio call to the extension/queue owner of that link, will send him a chat message to the 3CX Client, to his e-mail as well.

The agent can then answer the call for this Click2Caller, and if required he can even escalate from a regular call to a full video meeting with screen sharing / remote control tools built inside WebMeeting it's self. He can then drop the regular audio call and continue from the WebMeeting room. If required, more than 2 people have the option to join this meeting for supervisory purposes.

Does this sound good? This would provide you with the ability to receive calls from your Website/ERP/Support Portals etc increasing sales and whatnot. No more deciding whether you want an audio conference or a video conference. Just a conference where literally everyone can join. The way it should be.

Nope ;)
I can tease you more though and tell you what you could do with it.
  • Multiple people can dial into a WebMeeting Conference or Webinar. That's really it. What'd you'd expect.
  • Ability for 1-1 Click2Call meetings. A customer clicks on a WebMeeting Click2Call link on your Website. This link can be generated per extension or per queue depending on whether you want an entire queue to be contacted or only a single person. The user who clicks this link and enters the meeting room will automatically trigger an audio call to the extension/queue owner of that link, will send him a chat message to the 3CX Client, to his e-mail as well.

The agent can then answer the call for this Click2Caller, and if required he can even escalate from a regular call to a full video meeting with screen sharing / remote control tools built inside WebMeeting it's self. He can then drop the regular audio call and continue from the WebMeeting room. If required, more than 2 people have the option to join this meeting for supervisory purposes.

Does this sound good? This would provide you with the ability to receive calls from your Website/ERP/Support Portals etc increasing sales and whatnot. No more deciding whether you want an audio conference or a video conference. Just a conference where literally everyone can join. The way it should be.

Perfect! Thanks for the update.

We also have multiple client who would like to call into a web meeting. So they could just put there personal web meeting link and number/id in there meeting request each time the same link.

We also have multiple client who would like to call into a web meeting. So they could just put there personal web meeting link and number/id in there meeting request each time the same link.

That's the expected functionality of the upcoming dial to meeting feature.

this feature is highly needed , we must be able to call into web conference

Reactions: jlinds
We've just had a 3CX client take on the Google solution specifically because it allows dial in. That's 3CX upgrade licensing we've not sold because this isn't available. Please don't let the ETA be too far away.

Yes this needs to be added ASAP... we had to retain go-to-meeting account just because this feature is not available in 3cx..

Hi all, this functionality is planned and expected to be available in a future release. Which future release this will be unfortunately is not something that can be disclosed. You'l have to take my word for it.

+1 for me as well.. Not everyone has a mic on the computer, not to mention not wanting to use built in mic.

Do you have any idea when this will be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.