Allow custom labels for all button/key types

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by positron, Mar 16, 2017.

Allow custom labels for all button/key types 5 5 12votes
5/5, 12 votes

Tags:
  1. positron

On phones like the Yealink T4x series and others which allow labeling of buttons via programming instead of paper inserts, it would be desirable to control the assigned label for all button types. Currently, you can only manually assign the display label on the BLF tab of the extension if the button type is "custom speed dial"; other buttons are automatically labeled according to system name, extension name, feature code, etc.

I would like to be able to choose to override system assigned names and use my own. For example, creating a key for Shared Park 0 automatically labels the key "SP0", but I would like to assign my own (more meaningful) description instead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    craigreilly likes this.
  2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

I agree, and the shared park is where I would use it the most too !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    craigreilly likes this.
  3. JMK

JMK

I agree. PARK should say PARK not SP

4. Phone systems NZ

yes this would be very useful. On a Fanvil phone is you assign a line key it calls it <extn no.> | Fanvil X4 which really does not indicate it's a line key.