Allow International Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sohc, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohc

Hi all,

I have a 3CX V15 and Engin as my VOIP provider.

I only have one outbound rules which is this one below:
    [​IMG]

I have ticked the allowed country under security settings > allowed country codes.

When I try to dial a number using + or 0011 as the start it is showing up as rejected because of prefix 001.

Can anyone please advise what needs to be added?

2. sohc

I can make international calls using the 3cx android app but not on the handset and softphone. I use the + sign when doing international calls.

When I try to dial the + sign using the 3cx softphone or handset it says forbidden.

It seems like the + sign is not working on both softphone and handset. If I use 0011 it is the same error 'forbidden'.

Any advise?

#2 sohc, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  3. Fredrick

Try reaching customer care mate.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX Activity log show?The IMG of your outbound rule didn't show in your post. I suspect that there is not a rule that matches the digits. If there is, and the log shows the call (and the correct digits) being passed on to your provider, then it will also show if your provider is the one rejecting the call.

You will require a separate rule to match international prefixes and you may have to make some changes to accommodate the + sign so that 3Cx knows to translate to a prefix.

See..https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/outbound-rules-with-solved.16569/#p84305

5. pc75

Just checked our system, as we too only have one outbound rule (simple system we have).

Please edit your outbound rule, and remove all prefixes. I believe this will let your International work correctly.

Obviously, you already know you can limit the countries allowed, as you mention this in your original post :)

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Please keep in mind that very simple rules, when dealing with international destinations, can have expensive consequences, as some have discovered. Certain costly destinations can be blocked in a number of locations within 3CX, and by your provider, sometimes based on cost per minute. If the majority of calls are to certain countries, it may be advisable to create outbound rules that allow those calls, but require a "special prefix" for other, less frequently called, destinations.

7. sohc

Hi all,

Thanks for the response.

I think this is not an outbound rule issue because I can make International calls using the 3CX app on Android or iPhone. If this is an outbound rule issue, calls thru the app won't work.

I think my issue is the "+" sign. When I dial the + sign on the app it is showing up including the numbers. When I dial using the softphone/handset, I don't see the + sign in front of the numbers.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, is there a rule that matches how you dial a number without a leading +?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.