In Consideration Allow multiple calls for Queue and Ring Group

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by bluetel2, Oct 14, 2015.

In Consideration Allow multiple calls for Queue and Ring Group 5 5 60votes
5/5, 60 votes

1. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

call queue

Hi

we have call center customer who ask us every update if it's possible to receive more than 1 call per 3cxphone where agent is on call queue. For Example agent take off 1 call from queue and the can take off another call for another queue or the same ( maybe they can choice number of simultaneous call they can have for all call queue)

tks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Re: call queue

KJM tks for reply but we know this option

When you are on call queue it's not work, because call queue don't permit this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Re: call queue

Yes and i thing it will be good that is provide in next release. Please vote :)

Scott Coleman likes this.
  4. telin

This is also a very standard thing all around the PBX world.

I want to be able to receive multiple calls from my ring groups or queues, but there is not way to configure it.
    Was available in the Advanced settings tab in the 12.5V though.

5. nickdoyley

Re: Allow multiple calls for Queue and Ring Group

totally agree with this, was looking for it today and the ability to see and pick up another inbound call in a queue is crucial. This should be indicated by another line flashing, given there are 5 lines by default. This works for internal calls so would be really appreciated.

6. telin

The thing is that we are working with medical clinics and they HAVE to have an option to pick up every call that comes in to the ring group.
    I got the weirdest workaround from one of the 3CX partners:

How come THIS is the supported option?

7. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

I have to agree strongly with this request. It's a crucial feature.

DSXDATA likes this.
  8. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

This exists for ring groups under custom parameters. It does not work for Queues though.

In 3CX 14 SP2 go to Troubleshooting, Parameters and search for "allowusebusyoptforgroup". Set this to a value of 1, save it and restart the 3CX services.

This will tell 3CX to use a Phone's busy status instead of PBX in use status for an extension and will allow the caller to receive a ring group call when they are on the phone.

This works the same as the "forwarding rules" "i want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same tome - uses phone status" under people's extensions but for the ring groups. Both options need to be enabled for this to function.

9. telin

I am using multi-instance version of 3CX.
    I never had this node on my servers. Did it appear after SP2, or only available in single installs?

Would that be a "Supported" way of doing so?

10. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

This is what 3CX support told me to change when I asked how to do it. Should work fine on Hosted 3CX as well. This has been available in 3CX since v11 at least.

11. telin

Unfortunately, this is available only at Single-instance version.
    Multi-instance does not have any access to Custom parameters.

12. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

This single item is a constant cause of client unhappiness. They really can not understand why the system is not able to allow agents to take multiple calls. As a developer, I can see how complex this scenario becomes, but unfortunately to the user it is very simple - "my old system used to work this way."

dkeethler likes this.
  13. novastar

Can't wait for this option either... It's mandatory!

DSXDATA likes this.
  14. telin

The cool thing is that local installs, where there is a separate machine for one 3CX servers have no issue with this, as they have "Custom Parameters" or "Troubleshooting" tabs with an ability to set this option.

What difficulties 3CX programmers will have, enabling this on Cloud server (Multi-instance)?
    This will close many of the opened ideas, related to this, but will it actually give more issues?

15. noord

I'd like to second this option for the multi-instance as well, we also really need this functionality!

16. noord

Well, the option is there after all!

Just follow this guide:
    http://3cxblog.worksighted.com/2008/12/how-to-enable-missing.html

Keep in mind that:
    Step 1-7: the password is listed in the PBX Virtual Instance Manager, no need to look it up

In step 2-1: click on the database corresponding to your instance, it's easy to identify by name
    In PGAdmin step (2-)5 they are creating a new row in the table, that's not required. The row is already there. So, instead you need to find that row and change the '0' in column 4 to a '1' to enable it.

If you're having trouble finding that row, click the FILTER-icon (funnel icon).
    Then on the first tab 'data sorting' select the column 'name' under 'available columns' and click 'add'.
    In the list above, click on 'idparameter' and then click on 'remove'. Click on 'OK'.
    The list is now sorted alphabetically by name and you should be able to find the right row right away now!

This procedure is not scary and easy to do, but as always, make sure you have a proper backup in case you click on delete somewhere when you shouldn't :)

17. telin

Wohohohoho!
    Is it appropriate to say something inappropriate?

Thank you!
    Will try in a moment.

18. noord

I have already implemented it myself and it's working perfectly :)
    I couldn't believe this function would not be there on multi-installs so I Googled a bit and found that old article, which is still very relevant and the instructions work perfectly (with a few ajustments as I outlined).

Perhaps the feature request can be changed so that 3CX can implement this option per queue.
    I can imagine situations where some VIP queue should allow multiple calls to one agent, but a normal queue should not.
    Also, on the extension itself there could also be an option 'allow multiple queue call simultaneously' for maximum configurability, besides the already available option to receive multiple calls.

If you then set the queue to 'allow multiple calls to one agent' and the extension (agent) itself has the option set, then it would work.

19. telin

Works great for me!
    Do not think that this is the Supported solution.

20. dig1234

So does the PGADMIN trick work for Queues or just Ring Groups?