• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Allow only certain extensions from Virtual Recepcionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsanchez

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been asked to create two virtual recepcionists in 3CX that would allow callers to dial only to certain extensions, while blocking others. No matter how hard I've looked into it, I didn't find any way to do so. Is there any option or workaround to accomplish this task?
Thank you in advance,
Daniel Sanchez

Hi Daniel,

Please try this.
e.g. Instruct IVR (DR) to deny calls to numbers which ARE NOT "begin with the number 2 or 6".
Set custom parameter IVRDONOTCALL = 000-199,300-599,700-999

Hope this helps.

Thank you complex1, actually that is quite useful (and I had not seen it before), though if I use that parameter I guess I would isolate half of the company for being called directly. What I'm looking for is that calls made to a certain DR could only dial determinate extensions (e.g. 200-299). Is there any way to do this?

Hi,

It will not surprise me if it is possible what you want to accomplish, but I don’t know how. Sorry. :oops:
Maybe other forum members can help you to sort this out.

Don't worry, any help is more than appreciated :D It's just a tricky situation and it looks hard (if not impossible) to solve. I hope someone else will jump up with a solution. Thanks a lot anyway!

DennisT said:
The reason it isn't working (per support) is that it is no longer used by the system.
This I didn’t know.
Thanks for the update.

BTW. In v12.5 this parameter can still be found in the “Custom Parameter” table. :O :shock: :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.