Allow only certain extensions from Virtual Recepcionist

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dsanchez, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsanchez

Hello everyone,
    I've been asked to create two virtual recepcionists in 3CX that would allow callers to dial only to certain extensions, while blocking others. No matter how hard I've looked into it, I didn't find any way to do so. Is there any option or workaround to accomplish this task?
    Thank you in advance,
    Daniel Sanchez

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Daniel,

Please try this.
    e.g. Instruct IVR (DR) to deny calls to numbers which ARE NOT "begin with the number 2 or 6".
    Set custom parameter IVRDONOTCALL = 000-199,300-599,700-999

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dsanchez

Thank you complex1, actually that is quite useful (and I had not seen it before), though if I use that parameter I guess I would isolate half of the company for being called directly. What I'm looking for is that calls made to a certain DR could only dial determinate extensions (e.g. 200-299). Is there any way to do this?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

It will not surprise me if it is possible what you want to accomplish, but I don’t know how. Sorry. :oops:
    Maybe other forum members can help you to sort this out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dsanchez

Don't worry, any help is more than appreciated :D It's just a tricky situation and it looks hard (if not impossible) to solve. I hope someone else will jump up with a solution. Thanks a lot anyway!

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

This I didn’t know.
    Thanks for the update.

BTW. In v12.5 this parameter can still be found in the “Custom Parameter” table. :O :shock: :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.