Allow secretary to see who's calling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

I know with BLF it's possible to allow a secretary to see if their boss is on a call, but is it possible to allow the secretary to see who is calling the boss? i.e. display the CLI on the secretary's phone as well as the boss' phone?

I'm using yealink T22P phones.

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

with 3cx Phone for Windows you can see the call queue... just allow the person to see the calls for the group.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. asmith3006

Sorry I don't quite understand.

Are you saying I'd have to set the Boss' extension up as a queue?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

No just have the secretary use the windows software to see who is in the current call list and see who is calling her boss.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

If it's OK for her to see it through the 3cx phone for windows then use that, it is the simplest method.

If you want her to see it on the physical phone there are two options.

1 - Change the boss' extension to a ring group and have it ring both the assistant and the boss' new unlisted extension at the same time. Have 3CX pre-pend the ring group name so that the assistant knows it is a call to the Boss.

2 - (more difficult and not officially recommended) Manually provision the assistant's phone using one of the secondary lines to have the extension of her Boss. When that extension is called it will light up different on the phone so the assistant will know if the call is for her or for the boss. Keep in mind that if the assistant puts her phone on DND or forward this could impact the bos' calls as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.