Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Allow users to enable/disable PUSH for smartphones

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by palmaz, Mar 23, 2018.

1. palmaz

The 3cx mobile client is excellent, as is the ability to Enable PUSH for smartphones, so that inbound calls to that extension cause the 3cx mobile client to ring.

This is great when the user is working remotely, however when the user gets back to the office, they need to be able to turn this setting off. If this setting requires the 3cx mobile client to be reRegistered or reProvisioned, then it should do that too.

2. plochu

Isn't "Quit - ignore PUSH" solution of Your issue?

3. palmaz

Could you provide a URL for the "Quit - ignore PUSH" solution?

4. plochu

I meant function that is avaliable when You close 3CX Mobile Client.
    You have two options to close app:
    1) Quit
    2) Qiut - ignore push

5. palmaz

Sometimes a user will want to keep the app open (eg to make outbound calls only). So my preference is to have the "Disable PUSH" setting visible inside the app.

6. plochu

App will call always when it is running. PUSH feature is just to wake up app if it is closed.

So user will need to close it (Quit) everytime after outbound call. So user can use "Quit - ignore PUSH" after outbound call instead of "Quit"... it's the same number of steps to be done.

7. palmaz

Are you saying that 3cx on iOS can already "Quit - ignore PUSH"? Because when I on iPhone7 press the button twice, and swipe the app up to close it, it does not give me a "Quit - ignore PUSH" option. Maybe you use Android?

I figure that if the "disable PUSH" setting is in the admin gui, why can't they expose the same setting to the iOS user.

8. plochu

You are right - I am talking about Android app.

9. kenttec

Hi, the only way of shutting the app up is to: press More (bottom right) Settings, Accounts and un-checking the account, obviously this will disable any type of call in and out. Its the way I operate the app on IOS

10. NMMB

How do I turn on 'Enable PUSH for smartphone'?

11. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Edit the extension - under phone provisioning select the 3CX client - tick 'Enable PUSH for smartphones'

NMMB likes this.
  12. NMMB

Thank you!