Allowing or blocking certain outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jaime6, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaime6

Hi, can 3 CX know the difference in allow certain extension to make local call, mobile calls and international calls.
    So for example can 3 cx see a call pattern like "569402" as an intenational call and only exten 100 can make that call and exten 102 can't make that call.
    Or do I need to use radius, if so how do I set it up in 3 cx for The AAA ( authentication, authorization and accounting)

Thank you in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would create outbound rules that covered the numbers you wish to "control". You can get as specific as need be. There is a place, in the rules, to put in the extensions to which that rule applies (if left blank then it will apply to all extensions). As long as there was no other "general" rule that could also apply to that number, then the extensions left out of the list would not be able to reach that/those numbers.

3. jaime6

Hi leejor, as you can see this is an example of what type of calls each extention are are allowed to make.
    Some incoming calls must go to the secretary, so she can foward the calls to the director/ asst director.
    Extentions 207, 208, 210, 211 have no direct access to incoming calls, but can make outbound calls,

The ivr should say for access to the other departments press so and so

Exten - Name - Local - Mobile - International

201- Secretary - y - y - n
    202 - Financial Dept - y - y - n
    203- Director - y - y - y
    204- Asst Director - y - y - y
    205- Horeca dept - y - y - n
    206- Tourism dept - y - y - n
    207- Server - y - y - n
    208- Exam dept - y - n - n
    209- Dean - y - y - n
    210- Concierge - y - y - n
    211- Break room - y - n - n
    212- BPV dept - y - y - n

So if I want to block and allow certain calls, can you give an example of how I can setup one of these extension like in the list.

Also I forgot to ask, does 3cx have intercom, if so where can i activate it?
    Thank you in advance

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Your question has gone from blocking outgoing call types, to incoming calls and an IVR.

These are two different things.

I don't know what your calling plan looks like. Do you dial 9 for outgoing calls? Do you dial 9011xxxxxxx for international, 91xxxxxxxxxx for national numbers?

How you create outbound rules depends where in the world you are located (your carriers dialling requirements), and how you have things set up for your employees to access the outside world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.