Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Allowing other extensions access to voicemail??

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by filthy_rich85, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filthy_rich85

I am currently trying to configure a common voicemail box for a ring group so that all extensions within the group can access the voicemail. Is this possible?

2. xbt

xbt

don't think it's possible, but I done same thing by creating an extension that will never be actually be registered and giving it it's own email address, and then forwarding the voicemail attachment to all staff concerned.

3. filthy_rich85

I have already set up an extension just for the ring group voicemail that will never be registered.

But ideally I need all users to be able to call into the voicemail box and listen to messages.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I tried a number of possible workarounds but there doesn't seem to be a way to get into the voicemail system and have it ask for your extension unless you are calling from an extension that has voicemail disabled. I even tried setting up an extension with voicemail disabled and having it forward to voicemail but that didn't work either. I am opening up a post in the feature requests because remote access to voicemail is a common request.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If i understood what you are trying to do exactly, this is how you do it.

Call 999.
    Press Pound.

That's it... :p
    After pressing pound it will ask you for your Extension number and then your Pin number for that extension.
    Is this what you wanted to do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. filthy_rich85

Thanks, after disabling voicemail for the extensions within the ring group they are now able to access another extensions voicemail box. I have created an extension that will never be registered and have configured the ring group to forward to this extension when the group is not available.

7. comresource

comresource Member

While its not pretty. For general mailboxes, I subscribe one or more of the additional lines (usually 5+ for Aastra) as the extension of the group mailboxs. This way the MWI will light for either the individual or the group mailbox. With the Aastras you just select Services>Voicemail and it will tell you which extension has mail and how many are unread. Just select the mailbox you want to use.

Also as was already mentioned. You can hit your personal voicemail and hit # to be prompted for a specific extensions mailbox

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

this will work, unfortunatly the use of a common mailbox won't activate the message waiting indicator for any of the sets. I had put in a feature request a while back for a "Common" mailbox, so that any call to a ring group would go off to the mail box and notify all of the extentions that there is a message. that way the first person in, or back from lunch, in that department will know that there was a message. A number of small businesses with only enough lines to put into one or two ring groups, say a beauty salon, where the phone could be answered by anyone could make use of this.

This was also put in as a feature request a while back as there is no way to listen to your own messages if you call your own extension or somehow reach your own outgoing message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.