Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROU and missed group calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by su27, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. su27

We have the latest 3CX 14 PRO hosted by a recommended 3CX provider in the UK.

There are two problems that we are unable to resolve and we are struggling with their support

1. We want users to be able to pick more than 1 call i.e. if I am on the phone, and there is another call you my ring group - I want to be able to pick that up. I understand that I need ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROU parameter for that. My provider is saying this option does not exist in the latest version but it's on 3CX website http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-phone- ... ers-table/ and I have downloaded a trial - it's there.

2. I want to see Group Missed calls - is there any way to configure that without a workaround that involves second extension?

Currently, I have to constantly ask round if there were any calls for me. The problem is that if somebody answered a call in my group - I can't see that, can't tell that somebody called.

I would appreciate any advice on that.

2. LyonAdmiral

Do you want people outside of your ring group to be able to pick up a call that is going to your ring group?

3. su27

Not really. all we want is two things:

1. When I am the only one in the office and on the phone, when another call comes in, I want to be to see it and pick it up, if I want you. Just like you have it with mobiles - when you are on the phone and someone else is calling, you phone starts beeping and you can place the current call on hold to answer the new call. I beleive this can be achieved by using ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROU setting, but our 3CX provider seems to think there is a problem with this setting or something.

We had this function with Cisco UC560 before migrating to 3CX

2. If somebody else from my group unswered a call, I can't see it my missed calls. How can I configure this without workaound that involved adding another line to my phone?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can confirm that this option does cause issues when calls are being transferred and can cause calls to get 'stuck' in the system. This is why it never made it into the Management Console as an option and why it was removed even as a custom parameter in V14.

Given that this was never a feature in 3CX Phone System, I would recommend you upvote the existing thread in the 'Ideas' section:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/post175344.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.