Allworx phones on 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris Walters, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Walters

Has anyone had any luck getting an Allworx phone to provision on a 3CX server? I tried following the instructions here: https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/custom-phone-provisioning/

I was able to create the template and load it in the system. Then I added the phone to my extension, but when I reboot the phone, it just hangs up trying to load config files. Never finishes provisioning. I was using something very basic, the following is the XML from my template:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <doc xmlns:tcx="https://www.3cx.com">
    <header>
    <type>phone-template</type>
    <name></name>
    <models>
    <model>Allworx</model>
    </models>
    </header>
    <data>
    <device>
    <type>phone</type>
    <deviceconfig filename="cfg%%mac_address%%">
    <![CDATA[
    user_name1$: %%extension_number%%
    user_pname1$: %%extension_auth_id%%
    user_pass1$: %%extension_auth_pw%%
    user_host1$: %%pbx_ip%%
    user_realname1$: %%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%
    ]]>
    </deviceconfig>
    </device>
    </data>
    </doc>

What am I missing, or am I trying to move an immovable object?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

So provisioning is step two. Step one would be to try and manually provision the phone. If/when you get it working, then you can usually dump the config from the phone and then generate a template based on the settings there. Or are you saying you've already gotten Allworx phones to work with 3CX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daniel Lent

Last I recall, Allworx really locks down the phone to their own sandbox. I don't think this is going to work, and if it does, you aren't going to get much functionality out of the phone. BLF probably won't work

Nick Galea likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.