• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Walters

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck getting an Allworx phone to provision on a 3CX server? I tried following the instructions here: https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/custom-phone-provisioning/

I was able to create the template and load it in the system. Then I added the phone to my extension, but when I reboot the phone, it just hangs up trying to load config files. Never finishes provisioning. I was using something very basic, the following is the XML from my template:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc xmlns:tcx="https://www.3cx.com">
<header>
<type>phone-template</type>
<name></name>
<models>
<model>Allworx</model>
</models>
</header>
<data>
<device>
<type>phone</type>
<deviceconfig filename="cfg%%mac_address%%">
<![CDATA[
user_name1$: %%extension_number%%
user_pname1$: %%extension_auth_id%%
user_pass1$: %%extension_auth_pw%%
user_host1$: %%pbx_ip%%
user_realname1$: %%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%
]]>
</deviceconfig>
</device>
</data>
</doc>

What am I missing, or am I trying to move an immovable object?

So provisioning is step two. Step one would be to try and manually provision the phone. If/when you get it working, then you can usually dump the config from the phone and then generate a template based on the settings there. Or are you saying you've already gotten Allworx phones to work with 3CX?

Last I recall, Allworx really locks down the phone to their own sandbox. I don't think this is going to work, and if it does, you aren't going to get much functionality out of the phone. BLF probably won't work

Reactions: Nick Galea
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.