• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Altering Holiday Calendar for every single DDI

Eric Sieker

Reaction score
In Germany we have different states and some of these states have different holidays. For Example North Rhine Westphalia has two more days holiday than Lower Saxony. This for example means means i have to keep a call center for customers in lower saxony opened on every holiday as i can't choose to close it on global holidays.

Here an example:
Each Customer has a special Call Center with a DDI. Customer A is located in Lower Saxony and calls Call Center A, Customer B is located in North Rhine Westphalia and calls Call Center B.
31st of October is a Holiday in Lower Saxony and North Rhine Westphalia: Call Center A and B is closed by putting in Call Center closed on global holiday
1st of November is a holiday in North Rhine Westphalia but not in Lower Saxony: Call Center A must be open, but Call Center B must be closed. If i configure Call Center A to be open even if it is a global holiday it will be open on every other holiday aswell.
So it would be nice to have a holiday calendar for every single ddi.

Reactions: TP_ and jed
Upvote 20
+1
We have the same problem
A lot of companies have a 3CX cloud and different locations
Each location have different holiday days
It would be great the possibility of have different holiday days to different DDI's

+1
We have the same problem with several branch offices having different holiday calendars (and different holiday messages too!)

In Switzerland we have also different cantons and some of these cantons have different holidays.

It should be possible to configure several global holidays (holidays for the different region of Switzerland) that can then be selected in the “Inbound Rules”.

Furthermore, for internal calls on the extension number of the “Digital Receptionist”, “Ring Groups” and “Call Queues”, it should be possible to activate also the Office Hours & Holidays without routing the internal calls over an “Inbound Rule”.

Same for me 3 doctors working in same office with only one DID number and they have no common week plannings and they are not closed for holidays in same time. that impossible to be managed easily for now.
Can you replicate holidays for extensions or queue to make individual scenario easy to manage.

I need this as well. We have different DDI operating on different place which honor different holiday.
Having HOL on a inbound route will be awesome.

It is very straight forward how to handle different holidays based on inbound route using a CFD application. The CFD would check a schedule (database) which contains two tables (1) a list of DIDs and the default route, and (2) a second table linked to the DID table that lists all the holidays (dates and times), prompt file, and transfer extension. When the inbound call comes in, the CFD checks whether the current date/time matches a holiday for the DID. If the DID doesn't match a specified holiday it routes to the default extension as usual, however, if it does match a holiday, it plays the specified prompt, then transfers to the specified holiday route (likely a voicemail).

It is very straight forward how to handle different holidays based on inbound route using a CFD application. The CFD would check a schedule (database) which contains two tables (1) a list of DIDs and the default route, and (2) a second table linked to the DID table that lists all the holidays (dates and times), prompt file, and transfer extension. When the inbound call comes in, the CFD checks whether the current date/time matches a holiday for the DID. If the DID doesn't match a specified holiday it routes to the default extension as usual, however, if it does match a holiday, it plays the specified prompt, then transfers to the specified holiday route (likely a voicemail).

Hi Matthew

Can you further explain on this? Or is there a place where i can get the guide on how to perform the mentioned?

This would be a custom developed Call Flow Designer application. If you need assistance with building the application, you can contact me directly.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.