Alternative to Cisco Router VDSL for branch office and remote ext. ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by itgs, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itgs

Hi !

I need to activate a new VDSL2+ connection in a branch office with only 1 remote extension (Yealink ip phone) that register via stun to 3CX.

Usually I install the Cisco 866 router but , in this case, I think that is oversized and expensive.

Could you suggest me a valid cheap alternative that support 3CX and desktop ip phone without issue .

What about Draytek and Zyxel ?

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

For a single extension you should have no issue using any router, even a basic one. Of course, it may depend on what other services are being used there.There should be no need for port forwarding at the remote end.

3. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

leejor is correct. That being said: on any router - do not enable options that claim to help SIP/VOIP - they won't. SonicWALL will almost always require tweaking. Yealink S series phones seem to be especially trouble-free in NAT/STUN environments.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. itgs

Thank you for your reply.

Anyway, could you seggest me an alternative to Cisco Router ?

Best regards

5. itgs

I don't know "Yealink S" series.
    On Yealink Website there are only the T Series:
    http://www.yealink.com/product_list...1298&BaseInfoCateId=1298&Cate_Id=1298&index=1

6. 3CXDude

3CXDude New Member

We've tried Cisco RV134s and they work very well. Not to expensive either !!!

Anyone know what has changed in the Yealink S series that makes them happier in NAT/STUN environments ???

7. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Our two favorite voip friendly routers are SimpleWAN (rock solid - we have a 80 user site all phones are NAT behind a SImpleWAN) and also DrayTek. Be careful to test a router with more than 3 simultaneous VOIP sessions before believing it will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.