Alternative way of starting the skype client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lchiocca, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lchiocca

Hi,

I'm trying out the 3CX gateway for skype to forward our home account to our sip compatible phone. I've started by writing that piece of software myself until I found that you have done the same thing ;). During the first implementation of my own software, I found a rather neat way of starting skype using the same user account currently logged on. That method even allows you to run multiple instances of the same account. One drawback is that you (naturally) see the skype icon in the taskbar and can open it. The advantage is that you don't need to create fake users accounts. It's rather simple by using a couple of not-so-used skype parameters:
    Skype.exe /nosplash /secondary /datapath:"%skype_data_path%%skype_account%" /removable /minimized
    Using the datapath parameter you can set location of the data files for the skype port. Opon creating of the skype port you can even alter the configuration XML to automatically set the volume control and the "auto-sign-in" which would make the setup even easier.

What your opinion on allowing the alternative way of starting skype?

Cheers
    Loris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.