Amend Digital Receptionist Prompt Messages from a phone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

Hi,

Is it possible in 3CX to amend the Prompts used by Digital Receptionists via a phone - ie so an end user can change a voice greeting (to detail a special offer of the day etc) without requiring full access to the admin console?

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware of. I think system messages require direct system access.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything like that come up before. It is not the sort of thing that most users will be changing on a regular basis, so I don't think that would be an option.

It would be easy to build a second DR, ready to go, with the appropriate messages, and then using the console (remote access?) change the incoming routes to point to it, as needed.

4. pjr

pjr New Member

It is a strange request but our client have a sales number and want to change the IVR greeting on a daily basis to reflect the offer of the day so I need a way to do this without giving them access to the admin console. Their old Avaya allowed this via a series of dial code entries.

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would probably be easier to simply replace the recording file, with one of the same name. That could be done from any PC that has network access to the files.

6. pjr

pjr New Member

Once again I would rather not expose an end user to the prompts folder location as they could inadvertently wreak havoc

Paul

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I suspect that there is not going to be a "novice" end user friendly method of doing this. Perhaps a script file that took a recording from a folder on the users PC and then erased (moved?) the original, renamed the new file, then moved it to the required 3CX folder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.