An error occurred in IVR session, sorry

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by APalmer, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APalmer

On Friday my switchboard started giving off this error message. Since then I have just directed our main line to a hunt group. I notice now though that voicmails also get the same error message.

Some info about our setup...

Windows 2008 part of a domain
    Latest 3CX release
    Software firewall disabled
    Using inbuilt HTTP not IIS

Nothing on Friday changed although I do beleive there was a power cut on the Thursday evening. Im not sure if this is the cause or possibly a windows update too. Either way I cannot at all figure this out. I have tried looking at http://www.3cx.com/forums/an-error-occured-in-ivr-session-8959.html but this doesn't really help. There is one odd thing. If I goto the voiceprompts and attempt to Play a file I am presented with a Save As dialog box. This could be due to me viewing the 3CX managing interface via Remote Desktop?

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Restart the web service. If it continues then you have something dorked up or corrupted that is stopping the web service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. APalmer

I've done lots of reboots. I even restored from a backup from Febuary. Same problem each time.

4. APalmer

If anyone else comes across this problem...

I fixed it by backing up my whole 3CX using the backup/restore tool. Uninstalling the 3CX system. Rebooting. Reinstalling and restoring my config during the initial setup wizard.

5. scythe000

Thanks!!!

6. scythe000

So, restarting the web service definitely fixes it. In fact, I made a batch file to speed this up:
    Code:
    @echo off
    REM - The restarts the Abyss Web Server service, for some reason this fixes voicemail.
    echo restarting Voicemail service...
    net stop "Abyss Web Server"
    net start "Abyss Web Server"
    echo voicemail service restarted
    But, this needs to be run something like once a month it seems. Do we know what causes this error in the first place?

7. scythe000

Just happened again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.