Analog Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

anyone tried this?

connected to FXS gateway with extension number 300 this extension needs to fax to another extension which is located on different part of the country. This fax machine is connected to Handytone it uses Public IP to connect to 3cx server.

extension 300 needs to fax to extension 400.

Thanks,

STASH

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you do a search of the forum, you will find a lot of posts regarding the attempted use of an analogue fax machine through 3CX. In theory, it should work as long as all devices support t.38 (fax over VoIP). But, as many have discovered there are a number of factors that came come into play, and can cause it to fail.

If the ATA and gateway you are using, do not support t.38 (and many don't), you will probably be wasting your time in pursuing this.

There are certain fax extension numbers (88X) allocated for this.

3. stash

stash New Member

Hi leejor,

I already tested Fax with analog and it works. But this is telco to telco. Now i have a client who has this question can he send fax extension to extension with 3cx? Because he has 50 Analog Fax connected to ATA to his 3CX system. But i haven't tested sending fax extension to extension. Is this possible?

Thanks,

STASH

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is certainly possible. I haven't tested that either, so you will probably be in a better position to tell us, once you do a test. Not many of us have a couple of fax machines to test with. If ATA to PSTN is working, then I would have high hopes for ATA to ATA working. The tricky part is the digital to analogue conversion , done in the ATA, and I'm having to assume that t.38 is set-up properly.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

End-point to end-point, especially if the same, is a safe bet BUT make sure you don't have any ALG (siphelpers) or any kind of NAT (I know it sounds funny, but I have seen many site-to-site VPNs mis-configured and using NAT)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. stash

stash New Member

Hi Guys,

Ok i will let you know what would be the outcome of this. Hope everything will go smoothly.

Thanks,

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.