Analog Gateway recommendations

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daviderel, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daviderel

I'm a new 3CX user just putting together my first system for a small company with about 10 phones and 4 PSTN lines and wanted to see what others recommend for a gateway - what brands/models are the rest of you using or like/dislike.

-D

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Patton 4114's are our top selling 4 port FXO gateway, second would be a Sangoma A200 with a Remora card to handle 8 ports (requires Netborder Express).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bblokey

Save yourself some money and just get a Grandstream GXW 4104. We bought one for $100 on ebay and love it. This device has 4 ports but they also have a 8 port version...

This brand is at least have the price of Patton and work just as good...

4. daviderel

I ended up getting a Grandstream 4104 but am having some issues with it - did you have any problems with the provisioning? Dialing in doesn't seem to be an issue, dialing out is the issue - not reliable. When I dial an outside number with the correct outbound rule A) it takes upto 10 seconds before it starts to ring and B) sometimes the call never makes it to the grandstream, but no errors is shown in the server activity window. So, basically I make a call - it works, hang up, hit redial and it doesn't.

Any suggestions?

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The Grandstream are very fickle devices and while some people have good luck with them, there is a reason we don't recommend them to people. That being said, check to make sure you are running the current firmware on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.