Analog line gateway not working well with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CATE, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CATE

Hi,

3CX works well with my:

[*]Within Internal extensions, softphone and IP phones
    [*]SIP Trunk lines, various providers
    [*]Skype trunk
    [*]GSM gateway

But , almost always(97%) cutting voice(stuttering or totally lost) when placing or receiving calls(sometimes immediately,sometimes after a while...) over an analog line gateway

I'm using a Patton SN4114(recommended and supported hardware for 3CX) , loaded with the 3CX configuration template. I bought this gateway because I was using a GrandStream GXW4104 before and was having the same problem.

My network is well, not having major or noticeable problems with the other trunk types/extensions.

Have someone figure this out? Is there a setting to enable/disable in 3CX/Patton for this to work well? Somewhere to look?

Any help or insight deeply appreciated.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Given that 2 different gateways exhibit the same issue, tends to point to the PSTN line. Can you advise as to the provider of the lines?

If you hook up an analog phone and do some testing with similar talk times and all, do the issues appear?

I suppose that there could be an issue with the gateway if somehow or another it (they) managed to get onto the network and an IP address is duplicated or some other network setting is not kosher. Windows firewall perhaps?

I have used both models quite a bit and I do not recall ever having the symptoms you report. Echo and other yes, but this was resolved by adjusting gain or, in the case of the GS device, running their line diagnostics.

You might want to try and use a different IP address with a new configuration file, just to rule out other traffic getting in the way. If you are certain that all is good there, then do the analog phone test.

As you have a 4 port device, are you using more that one PSTN line? If so, do the others exhibit the issue?

3. CATE

Thanks Ineblett for your kind reply.

Provider: Claro Colombia.
    Haven't done that test yet, because half Colombia uses this service without complaining much.... but I'll do it in case are only my lines.. doubt it.

The IP of the Patton is different from the one I used with the GS... so... don't think there's a problem with it. Firewall is off.

Only have two lines from same provider... I'll check weather it matters which line is in use.

Regards..

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unless changed, many gateways default to North American settings. While these settings don't usually cause stuttering (that sounds more like a network issue), it would probably be prudent to verify that all is set for use in your country, if you have not yet done so.

5. CATE

Thanks Leejor, made some changes regarding the fxo termination(from US to ETSI), upgraded to latest firmware(R6.6 2014-09-03) and left only the g711alaw64k codec, a few days ago... Going to test it for a week and see what happens... I'll let you know.

Still to do some testing with a diferent line(provider) conected to the gateway, and also a standalone handset directly to the actual line... Reserving those two for final testing, if that works, then I'm in trouble to fix it anyway...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.