Analog PABX Intercom

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by atif.kamal, May 23, 2007.

1. atif.kamal

I want to setup a intercom system of around 210 nodes, analog pbx is available in market but i want to use computerize pbx such as 3cx or asterisks but i want to use normal analog (rj11) telephone sets as extensions. FXS/FXO cards as used with asterisk by digium are so expensive and have limited ports for legacy extenstions.

Any one of can tell me how to cope with this issue, which hardware/card is availble for above solution.

Thanks in advance

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Its best to use SIP phones, not analog phones.

If you insist on using analog phones, you will need to get FXS gateways (not asterisk ones, those only work on linux and with asterisk), but they are definitely quite expensive. If you want cheap you are going to have to use soft phones.

3. atif.kamal

can i get low cost ata adaptor type thing ??

thanks for reply, i think i can use ata adaptor (linksys) with analog phones, i need to implement this system in my appartment and analog phone with ata sound very expensive for the residents as it is used just for intercom pupose.

second can i get some used ip phones in such quantity from any where that can be shipped here in pakistan.

hope u ppl. will help me!