analog phone on SPA3102 not making internal calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by innovative8, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innovative8

Hello,

I have added an SPA3102 to my 3CX test system.
    Inbound calls via the PSTN line work perfectly.
    So do outbound calls from the 3cx extentions via the PSTN line.

The issue i'm facing is that when i add an analogue phone to the phone line of the SPA3102, this phone can not dial any internal extentions. When i dial a 0 for an outside line, i can call any outside number, but there is a small delay.

- How can i get the PSTN extention on the SPA3102 to be able to dial internal numbers?
    - How do i get rid of the delay when dialing an outside line via the PSTN extention on the SPA3102

Many thanks

Peter

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Need some more info -

When you make an outside call, are you dialing 0 plus the dial string as all one number or are you dialing 0, waiting for dial tone and then dialing? The delay may be because the device is waiting for a few seconds to see if additional input is coming before timing out and initiiating the dial sequence. Many devices are configured such that if you will press "#" at the end of the string it will dial immediately.

Following are the instructions on how to provision a 3102 for both the ATA and Gateway functions. Try this and see what happens and if the issues continue to persist, then come back and post a log. If this solves the issue, then please advise same as well.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You've probably left the default dialplan (in the 3102) in place. This plan was intended for North American dial strings when used with a VoIP provider, not with a PBX. You will need to create a dialplan that will work with the digits you will be dialling.
    this is but one site, that has information on how to do that.

http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.