Analog Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cdanik, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdanik

Is there any way to use standard analog phones instead of USB phones? Can the phones be hooked up to a modem in the computer?

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

You can use devices such has Linksys PAP2 to do that job, it will allow you to connect "normal" phones to a voip provider or in this case to 3cx, you will be abble to connect 1 or more phones depending on the model you choose, you have several brands selling this kind of devices....
    Search for ATA adaptor Voip on google and you will get alot of results.

Cheers

3. cdanik

I have 1 line right now. I have a vonage adapter that is connecting all my phones to the VOIP Provider (Vonage). But how do I assign those phones an extension?

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, to assign several phones has extensions you need 1 adapter per phone or 1 adapter for 2 phones(depending on models) and then you set server, or proxy, or both with 3cx server ip, Id and pass like you have set on 3cx. This are the basics....

Cheers

More help can be provided but we need to know what device and model you're using, or intend to use...

5. cdanik

What is the cheapest model out there? Do you know?

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, i dont know if it is the cheapest, but its the one i use at home, and it works very well, i have a Linksys PAP2. Works without any issue at all, has 2 ports to connect 2 normal phones and 1 ethernet to connect to the server(3cx or a voip provider). It costs about 45Euros or... around 60Dollars...

Cheers

7. Urbok

Urbok New Member

I use several Grandstream HT386 that give you the facitilty to connect 2 analog standard phones to each fxs port (2 port every ht386 adapter)

fantastic voice quality... no echo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.