Analog ports on the router

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jackpod, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackpod

So, I have 3cx up and running. I am using a Cisco 2651 with an analog line plugged into an FXO port, all works as planned. I am also using Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging as my voicemail. My router also has an FXS port which I have connected to my hard wired analog ports. If I don't have a voicemail account setup for the FXS analog ports, i can call the extension and it rings the phones, but if I enable voicemail the call goes directly to voicemail. I believe because in the extension properties there is an option on what to do if your phone is busy or unregistered, being it is an FXO port it shows as unregistered. There is not an option to ignore registration (at least what I can find) anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? Ideally I would want the analog port to behave the same as a sip phone, after so many seconds unanswered it goes to voicemail.

The process is as follows, a call comes in and is answered by the exchange auto attendant, which provides a menu selection. One of those options is to ring the house phones.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What device(s) are you using for the FXO and FXS port? The 2651 doesn't seem to have them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2600/hardware/installation/notes/security/26XMfips.html.

3. Utred

old modular 2600's could take external Network Modules and WIC cards. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2600/hardware/installation/notes/security/2651vpn.html#wp29312

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused. It sounds like you have set up 3CX to see the FXO ports as extensions instead of trunks? Is this correct?
    You say that you have "an FXS port which I have connected to my hard wired analog ports.", what do you mean by "analog ports", an FXS goes to a telephone

5. jackpod

Sorry been busy (good thing) I have a 2 port FXO port and a 2 port FXS port in my cisco, my pots line comes into the FXO port, I have a telephone plugged into the FXS, I want to treat the FXS as an extension, so in my auto attendant in exchange you can press a selected number and it rings the phones plugges into the FXS ports, If I don't have voicemail in exchange UM configured for that number the phones ring as desired, when I enable voicemail for those extensions, 3cx routes them directly to voicemail because they don't register. In the call forwarding there is not an option to ring the phone if it is not registered. Should I configure the FXO as a trunk? I picked up a Cisco SPA 501G and it works the way I planned, rings for 20 seconds and goes to voicemail, I really don't want to replace all of my analog sets with IP phones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.