Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Analog To Voip Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Morellistephane, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morellistephane

Hi all,

I have a request about the different analog gateway.
    I have need to connect 20 analog phone on my 3CX Phone system.
    I have see the gateway recommanded by 3CX but none can connect 20 analog phone.
    Does anyone have an experience on analog gateways with 20 ports ( or more ) compatible with 3CX ?

I am on latest version of 3CX.

Thank for advance !

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that all 20 phones don't have to be on a single device.

You say "gateways" yet talk about connecting phones. A VoIP Gateway generally refers to a device that connects a PBX to a provider, as in a PSTN, ISDN or GSM Gateway, these deal with trunks (FXO ports).

An ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter) connects analogue sets to a VoIP provider or PBX (FXS ports). There are some devices that contain both, a certain number of ports dedicated to each function.

Many multi-port ATAs will work with 3CX even if they are not recommended, it simply means that there probably won't be any "official" support if you run into issues. It all comes down to how familiar/comfortable you are with VoIP and what sort of price, you can get the device. You may want to consider contacting a 3CX Partner in your area for installation assistance.

3. Morellistephane

First, Thank for your reply.

Sorry if my explanation was not clear.

In fact, I have 2 differents installation on my client.

- 10 IP phone POE Yealink for which I have to draw cables ( for the administrative office area ) .. => This parts it's ok.

- 20 Analog Phone ( The Home area ) because there is already an existing cable to these phones ( 2 wire cable not Ethernet and it's very difficult and expansive to change cable here ). These 20 phones that communicate in internally only..
    It's for these 20 phone that I have need the GATEWAY FXS with 20 ports how it :
    http://www.ipandgo.com/fr/passerelles-analogiques/404-patton-sn4118-js-eui.html

but would be better with 20 ports. else I can put 2 PATTON SN4118 and one patton SN4114 but it's not clean.

I have see the Patton 4316 but I don't know if will be ok or not..
    http://www.sophiesystems.com/patton-smartnode-4316-multiport-fxo-voip-gateway.aspx

4. JonnyM

A Patton SN4324/JS/UI will do you 24 FXS ports. The unit you linked to is 16 FXO ports (e.g. the wrong way round).

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Grandstream GXW4224/4232/4248 gateways
    Dinstar DAG2000-24S/-32S gateways
    Send me a private message for quotation or have a look at http://siptotal.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.