• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Analogue and IP extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj43

Reaction score
Hello, we are implementing an IP phone system at work. We are currently testing with v5 free version with the view to purchasing full version once we know it will do everything we want. So far we have two SPA3102 gateways for both our PSTN lines. Outgoing VOIP provider, PAP2 for two analogue handsets and two SPA922 IP handsets. Inbound and outbound calls, internal calls, and hold vmail etc all work great on IP phones. We can also call from IP phones to analogue extensions, but I would like to know how to do transfers and place calls on hold and retrieve them from the analogue phone. I assume there is some kind of dial or "*" code to do this?

Also if an incoming line rings the ring group in reception, an no one is available to answer, is there a dial code to pick up that line from a phone in the workshop?

If any one has any information It is greatly appreciated.

Regards Mark

Hello Mark,

Yes there are star codes for those functions you require - they've recently come up in forum discussion and I believe someone's shortly going to make a comprehensive list of these. However, if you use the forum's search function for star codes you should be able to come up with the answer to your questions.

Cheers,
Mike.

Thanks Mike,
I have tried to search under star codes, dial codes and * codes, but cannot find the information I am after, so far the only codes I can find are for call pickup and call park (which do not work on the free program),
However I cannot find the hold, transfer ones yet.

Hi Mark,

I cannot find the hold, transfer ones yet.

Yes. The current version (3CX Phone System v5.0.3762.0) should be not support * code for call feature to handle hold, transfer and conference. It should be nice to have. Since these feature we can found at ATA adapter. For me, I have tested the grandstream HT488 and HT503.

Hold/Release Hold:
- Press flash key

Call Transfer:
Attended Transfer
This function is applicable on the FXS port for VoIP calls only. Assume that parties A and B are in conversation. Party A wants to Attend Transfer Party B to C:
1. A presses FLASH on the analog phone to get a dial tone;
2. A then dial C’s number followed by #.
3. If C answers the call, A and C are in conversation. Then A can hang up to complete transfer.
4. If C does not answer the call, A can press “flash” back to talk to B.

Star Code Style 3-way Conference
This function is applicable on the FXS port for VoIP calls only. Assume that parties A and B are in conversation. Party A wants to bring C into a 3-way conference:
1. A presses FLASH (on the analog phone, or Hook Flash for old model phones) to get a dial tone.
2. A dials *23 then C’s number then # (or wait for 4 seconds).
3. If C answers the call, then A presses FLASH to bring B, C in the conference.
4. If C does not answer the call, A can press FLASH back to talk to B.
5. If A presses FLASH during conference, C will be dropped out.

However, I cannot found these * code call feature at Linksys PAP2.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

Thanks Ricky,

When I press Recall on the analogue phone, I don't get another dial tone as you suggest. It just mutes the line for a second and back to normal.
The PAP2 has a blind transfer function (*98), I have tried recall, *98, Ext #; Recall, *98, *Ext # and any other combination I could think of.

This is the only remaining issue stopping us from going ahead with replacing or entire phone system. The only reason we need analogue handsets is the there is no network facility in one of our remote workshops.

Has anyone else had success with blind or attended transfers using either Linksys ATAs (PAP2 or SPA3102)

Thankyou for your help
Regards

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RTYYU908
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.