Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Analogue doorphone via Cisco SPA112

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Edward Paine, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Paine

We have an analogue doorphone (Kalika Ulydor) that I need to set up as an extension (it will dial a ring group when the button is pressed). I have a Cisco SPA112 which should do for the link. Can anyone point me at any manual provisioning tips for the SPA112, since I see it isn't a supported model? Our pbx is cloud-hosted, and we provision the office phones via a 3CX SBC tunnel.

2. giwm

giwm New Member

I've successfully used a SPA112 and a PAP2T. Unfortunately my notes for the SPA112 are for when I was testing with a fax. They were honestly both pretty easy to set up. The first thing is to update your firmware. I have a note that the for the SPA112 it was called Payton_1.4.1_002_102615_1042_pfmwr.bin.

Here are my notes for the SPA112, with slight edits as it included my IP scheme and was for a fax, which I cleaned up. So tweak as needed. You may want to adjust your codec as well. (Voice > Line 1 > Audio Configuration)

Code:
    - Create the desired extension in 3CX.
    - Under Phone provisioning, add the MAC of the SPA112 and choose Cisco SPA-302 for the model.
    - Turn off voicemail.
    - Set up an Inbound Rule for the DID if desired.

- Plug into a port on desired VLAN
    - Navigate to its web interface and login.
    - For Line 1:
        Proxy:  <YOUR 3CX SERVER IP HERE>
        Display Name:  Ext#
        User ID:  Ext#
        Password: 3CX auth password
    - Submit

- Once rebooted and logged in, Click Administration > Firmware Upgrade
        - Choose File:  Payton_1.4.1_002_102615_1042_pfmwr.bin
        - Upgrade

- Once rebooted and logged in, Click Network Setup > Basic Setup > Time Settings
        - Time Zone: GMT-05:00 Eastern Time
        - Time Server: Auto
        - Submit
    - Voice > Line 1 > Supplementary Service Subscription
        - Call Waiting Serv: No
        - Three Way Call Serv: No
    - Administration > Management > Bonjour
        - Set to Disabled
        - Submit
    - Administration > Management > User List
        - Admin > Edit
            - Set new password
        - Cisco > Edit
            - Set new password
    - Click network setup > Advanced Settings > VLAN
        - Enable VLAN (if you need to)
        - VLAN ID:  ####
        - Submit

It's really quite straightforward for a phone. But holler if you have any issues.

3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

If you are using this device across an SBC and configuring manually then in the ATA you will need to set your registrar address as the 3CX SBC.

Gateways and ATA's (even supported ones) are not supported with cloud 3CX Systems (local or across a VPN only) however I have successfully configured STUN and SBC to work with beroNet and Patton:https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112-fxs/

4. Edward Paine

Thank you so much to you both. I too tried with a fax and seem to have it working. I did have to use the IP address of the SBC as the proxy (SPA112's Voice > Line 1 > Proxy and Registration > Proxy field).

In the Subscriber Information fields I used:

Display name: Fax
    User ID: the extension number (not the ID from the 3CX Extensions > General > Authentication settings)
    Password: the password from the above
    Use Auth ID: Yes (default was No)
    Auth ID: the ID from the 3CX Extensions > General > Authentication settings)

Next to the Doorphone..

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.