Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

* and # key not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by le_papa, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. le_papa

Hello, this is probably a really strange and specific problem, but im still trying to get it fix:
    im using 3cx V10 : I did test the issue with yealink T38, unidata wpu-7800 and 1 polycom and ananlog dect phone. and all of them trought 2 differents gateway (patton 4940 on a pri and GS ht503 on a analog line).

if im calling any bank or any automatic system and i do * and / or # to go trought menu, it is working fine EXEPT when im calling the voicemail system of TELUS, then they dont work (if im calling the support of telus, it is working in there menu). If i do call the voicemail system with a cell phone (on videotron or anythink else) it is working.

Any idea why is the * and # key will not work with ?

thx !

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Check the DTMF setting and try a different method and see what happens. I assume the same results are with all phones and either gateway. Given your description, I assume you could also take your DECT phone and bypass the HT503 and connect directly to the analog line and see if the same condition exists. If it works, you might then check to see which DTMF method the phone supports and subsequently change the other devices in your system (to include the gateways) to use the same.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume that the issue is with Telus, given that you are able to use # and * on other systems, and that it happens on two different gateways (you did try over both, right?). It sound like the tone are going out, the Telus voicemail may be having a problem receiving them.

On analogue gateways, you are usually able to increase the DTMF level and duration, up to a point, and that may help. "Playing" with different DTMF Methods may make a difference, but keep track of the original settings before changing things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.