• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Android and IOS softphone not ringing in call queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Novotny

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a client where I had set their mobile phones up with the mobile softphones, created an extension for them and put them all into a ring group. This worked perfectly as the mobile softphones rang at the same time as the office phones.

I then had the need to create a call queue and placed all of the extensions into the call queue. The office phones now ring but the softphones on the mobile devices no longer ring. As a temporary measure, I selected "Ring my mobile simultaneously" which ends up ringing the actual mobile phone and not the softphone extension (I also believe that this is then a mobile call from 3CX to the mobile).

Is there a way to make the softphone client on the mobile phones ring when in a call queue?

Thanks.

Hello @Rob Novotny

Please note that as long as that extensions are part of the and they are logged in and available the mobile devices should ring. Do the mobile devices ring when the clients are open and registered?

Hi YiannisH,

Thank you for the reply. I opened the client on the mobile device and it rang OK but when I closed the client on the mobile device, it didn't ring. Also, the mobile device has its own extension and is available and logged in.

Ok that means that the extension client is registering to is part of the queue and logged in. Does the client ring when closed and you call the extension directly?

No, it goes directly to voicemail and also in the extensions page, it shows with a red dot, though on the mobile device with the client open, it shows green with presence. If I open the agent on the device, it does show as present (green dot).

Last edited:
That means that Push is not registered to the extension. Make sure that under extension settings / Phone provisioning tab the option "Enable PUSH for smartphones" is enabled. Then send a new welcome email to the 3CX mobile client and try again.
When you close the client the extension should remain registered (Green Dot)

Sorry YiannisH,

I have tried a number of times and when I close the client on the mobile phone (Android), the extension still de-registers itself.

I tried sending the email and using the link in the email to reprovision, and also used the QR code in the extension's "client" tab. All no good.

OK, I think I have sorted it out...I installed the latest update (3.2) onto the mobile device and looks like it appears to be working now.

Looking good.

Thank you for your help YiannisH. Have a great day!

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.