Android app not displaying "call info" in V14

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jsmerriam, Dec 14, 2015.

Android app not displaying "call info" in V14 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. jsmerriam

In version 14 on the android app, call info (caller ID, ring group, queue, etc.) was removed from being displayed when a call is ringing. This is imperative info ESPECIALLY for the android app where users are often out of the office and may want to decide to answer based on ring group/queue, etc. This is vital information (and displays on physical phones, and the windows app.)

Apparently this was removed because users complained that the information was "too long" and they could not see who was calling. The real problem was that this info was displayed incorrectly. It was displayed on one line and scrolled slowly, so if you did not see the display right away, you would have to wait for the ring groups and everything to scroll through before you could see the caller again.

Please add this information back in ASAP! Instead of scrolling the info this time, please display the CallerID (or phone book resolution) large on one line. Then display all the ring group/queue/DID etc on a separate line. This should solve all issues for all users, and keep the app working just the same as the windows app.

actbig likes this.
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Seems it may have been removed from iOS as well - ??
    Looks like it dipped into my iOS phonebook and used that for caller id info and did not show the Ring Group or DID info.
    The info was tagged - I see it in the 3cx logs. But the incoming call info and the recent call info do not show the added information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. datamerge

datamerge New Member

I have an opportunity where the client needs this as well. It does seem to work if the phone is off and it receives a push notification, but if the phone is on being used for any purpose, all that displays is the caller ID. My prospect has to answer for about 10 different entities, so they need to know who they are answering for.