Android Call quality

Discussion in 'Android' started by bobdigby, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdigby

Just wondering how everyones call quality is. I have always had bad quality using the 3CX v12 app and was excited to see in V12 SP4 (12.0.79) there were some new codecs for me to try but still the call quality is bad, its tinny and has small drops like you have when you have bad mobile signal.

I know it is not my SIP provider as when I use other android apps such as Zoiper the quality is amazing. My phone is a Nexus 4 so should have more than enough beef to have the best sound quality but still no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions to make it any better? I have tried echo cancellation and every audio codec but to no avail.

Thanks

Bob

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Bob,
    Can you try the following, go to Audio Option > Microphone Source and switch to Basic Mode.
    See if this helps.. Please note a restart of the application is required for this change.
    Keep me informed on how it goes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobdigby

@MichaelB thanks for your suggestion, I tried this and restart 3CX on my phone but unfortunately it made no difference. Can you suggest anything else?

Kind Regards

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.