Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

android client deployment without qr code

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shawn, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

is there a way to deploy an android client without using the qr code anymore? i send the welcome mail with the config file but don't see an option on the client to load using a config file. i don't have my server at the latest version that has the qr code ability.

also what is the

2. Shawn

Shawn New Member

i forgot to mention, the reason i'm asking is in the app account settings it gives you the option to scan qr or tap the attachment config file in the welcome email but on one particular phone, the config file is not configure to open with the 3cx app. so android does not know what app to open with the config file. i guess i should check for file associations with android first before posting this thread. i'll report back on my findings.

thanks

3. 12494

12494 Member

If your Android phone doesn't know what app to launch when you try and open the config file you can use an app from app store to browse to and open the downloaded file on your phone which will then let you choose the 3CX app and configure the 3CX app for your extension. I believe the one we use is EF File Explorer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately there's no way for your Android phone to know that the file can be opened with the 3CX app. This is an Android o/s restriction.

You'd have to follow the tedious method of using EF File Explorer or Total Commander. The tediousness of doing this is what prompted us to add the easier QR Code scanning option for provisioning. Other solutions for easier provisioning are currently being considered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.