Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Android Client wont stay opened.

Discussion in 'Android' started by AH2, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hi,

I have installed the Android Client on an Samsung S7, working perfectly with one exeption, calls wont come in with device locked, Push notifications are enabled, and it works some times/most times for maybe a minute, but after locked for over a minute calls go directly to voicemail, and red status on PC clients for that user.

Any idea ? is there any way to keep it open ? I prefer to use the 3cx client, but this it's my limitation, I should something like having it in the notification bar would solve :).

Thanks.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AH2,

From the description you provided i believe that Push is not working for you. The reason why you are able to get calls for up to a minute after the phone is locked is probably because the client has not de-registered yet. Have you created a google project of your own? https://www.3cx.com/docs/configuring-google-push/
    After you create a google project and add it to the PBX as the guide explains, you should send new welcome emails and re-provision the android clients.

3. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hello,

I've deleted the API credentials and created new ones, reconfigured 3cx server, and still same issue.
    Firewall test all green, phones provisioned.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for your response.

4. AH2

AH2 New Member

5. AH2

AH2 New Member

Just received this email not sure if it's related to the issue, might as well share.

[​IMG]

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The logs may be another issue altogether. Are you using 3/4G, or Wifi to connect? Does it make a difference if you simply let the phone lock, with the App still open, or you exit the App (and NOT the Ignore Push exit)?

Is the phone rooted? Did you enable or change any Android Developer options?

7. AH2

AH2 New Member

Test in both, 3g/4g and Wifi, connects fine, as soon as I hit the power button to lock the phone (with client opened), user disconnects from the "Presence" tab on all other extensions.

Not rooted, but Android Developer it's enabled, nothing changed.

8. AH2

AH2 New Member

It's a complete brand new install on Google Cloud, only added basic settings and 2 extensions.

9. AH2

AH2 New Member

Ok, the issue seemed to be related to the .3cxconfig file, I updated manually the host/user/pass when reinstalled the PBX, I guess there's something else there ?

Thanks for the help to all.
    Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.