Solved Android mobile client rings on incoming call but no option to answer becomes the focus

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shawn, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

Android 5.1.1 on Samusung Galaxy SM-G530A (I think Galaxy S5 Prime) and same behavior on Galaxy S8

If 3cx is in focus (in the front) and the screen is turned off by the power button, incoming calls ring the phone and turn the screen on with the 3CX answer / decline option.

If I go to the android home screen (3cx in background now) and the screen is turned off using the power button, incoming call rings the phone and the screen comes on but not on 3CX but rather the locked screen (swipe to unlock) with no option to answer. If I swipe the screen to unlock, I'm presented with the android home screen while it's still ringing. I have to find the 3CX app either via running apps button or start the app from the screen and then I'm presented with the option to answer / decline.

I had tested the android client in a test environment with earlier versions and don't remember seeing any of this. Now we have gone live in 15.5.3849.1 in our live environment that we just turned up a month ago and I have this issue with a few android clients that I've deployed across various phones. Phone client version is 15.1.90.

Seems like a bug but I would imagine it would be more prevalent or noted on since I'm not using any hardware or software out of the ordinary.

Any one seen this issue before?

Thanks

Shawn

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shawn

Shawn New Member

This is for my company so I created a gmail account for the company. Added it to my accounts on my android phone and selected the new account in the play store. I signed up the new company account for the beta test. After all of this and a bunch of uninstalls and re-installs, my phone still said the app is installed under my original account and not the new company account and would not allow the beta update.

I went ahead and did a complete reset on the phone and configured it with the new company gmail account only. The play store now shows the beta test version and I was able to download and install it. The 15.5.143 which was released today seems to have fixed the issue and now the application focus behaves correctly on incoming calls.

I tell you all the stuff with the account because it could be the complete phone reset or the beta version 3CX android client that fixed the issue. I'm going to say it was probably the beta version since I noticed that this focus issue was in the list as one of the items that was addressed. I'm sure it would have fixed my issue if it had allowed me to download the beta before the complete reset.

I will try this on my colleagues phone on Monday without the reset obviously and will post an update.

Thank you for the fix.

Shawn

4. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Shawn ,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to here that you problem is solved.
    Just a small hint about the Beta update - the email address that you have register as a beta tester must be the same as the one on your mobile phone, otherwise you won't receive beta updates. It is very easy and you do not need to perform reset or anything else.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MSmeets

When is the BETA version becomes active in normal story, final version?

I also have also problems with the current version 15.1.90 with android

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Tomorrow or Friday.

7. Shawn

Shawn New Member

Marios,

I just installed the latest mobile android client 15.5.166 which I believe was released GA in the play store today and had the same issues as before with the phone not ringing if 3cx was not in focus. The phone information on which the client was installed on is attached

Shawn

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.