Solved Android Native SIP - Can't answer queue calls

Discussion in 'Android' started by bonezAU, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonezAU

I know this forum is primarily for the actual 3CX client app, however I've found that in the past to not be 100% reliable for incoming calls, sometimes it goes to sleep or doesn't re-register when bouncing between WiFi and 4G, so I have set up my SIP extension using the built in native Android SIP function of my mobile phone.

Initially I thought it was working great, it seemed to always register itself (and stay registered) and incoming calls were never an issue, if my desk phone was ringing, no matter where I was my mobile would also ring.

If someone dials my extension directly, I can pick up the call on my mobile and it works fine. However, I am also an agent in a queue on our 3CX system. If someone calls the queue, they are greeted with a message "someone will be with you shortly" and then placed on hold. All agents extensions then begin to ring as normal, however whenever I try to answer the call on my mobile, I swipe to answer (like a normal mobile call), it appears to pick up the call and show the duration on my screen of 0:00, then it cuts out and my phone begins to start ringing over again. No matter how many times I try to answer it, the call drops then my phone starts ringing. Just to clarify, the caller has no idea this is going on, they are hearing hold music the whole time - it doesn't disconnect them, it just doesn't let me pick up the call.

Using the 3CX native app, I can answer queue calls fine - just not with the native Android SIP.

Has anyone come across this before and know if there's a fix or workaround? I'd love to continue using native SIP if possible but if I can't answer queue calls unfortunately I'll have to go back to the official 3CX app.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It looks like the native Android client doesn't support SIP replaces feature.
    Try to uncheck this option for your extension on Management Console then see if it's working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Vali_3CX, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  3. bonezAU

Hi Vali,

That worked perfectly and I can now answer queue calls with Android's native SIP.
    Is having that option disabled on my extension likely to prevent any other features from working, or cause me any other grief?

Regards,
    bonezAU

4. Alan Malik

We have Fanvil X5S phones, sometimes the system seems to go to sleep and looking in the event log we get the following message; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE
    Any ideas why this occurs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.