Solved Android Phone: How to get Voicemail notifications?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouray RV Park Cabins

We have Galaxy Phones running the latest android 3cx client. If we have the extension within 3cx configured to Enabled for Voicemail, the 3cx phone client does show the voicemail trigger, and under more voice mail e can see and play the messages.

However we need to configure the extension to have voicemail disabled and instead forward to another voicemail extension (extension 00). The problem is that the 3cx phone client does not pull in the voicemail status or voicemails,

Is this a design or configuration problem?

note: I also found if if hit the softkey on the 3cx phone software to goto voicemail, it says the voicemail box is disabled. So the question is how do I configure the softclient to use a different voicemail box?

Thanks,
    Jason

#1 Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Ouray RV Park Cabins

I am afraid that what you want is not possible, you can check a voicemail box from a different extension but you cannot "monitor" it.
    The buttons and menus of one particular extension will work for the voicemail of that extension. If the voicemail is disabled for that extension then when you click the voicemail button it will prompt you with the voicemail is disabled prompt.
    To check the voicemail for a different extension you need to call the voicemail extension (usually 999 or 666) and hit # . The system will prompt you to dial the extension number and voicemail pin

3. Jason Perkins

Yep- that it was I discovered. There is no way to add a 2nd account to the softphone as a workaround. I did that for my Yealink DECT phones- make the primary 00 a group vociemail box and enabled that account as the first line. The phones poll this and are triggered correctly for monitoring group voicemail.

For the time being I am working around this via email attachment notifications, and then if needed checking a different VM box via 999 #.

Thx!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the "other voicemail extension" is only going to send a notification to this one Android device, (and if this service is available), you could send an voicemail email notification to the mobile providers email to text gateway. The phone would then get a test message with all of the information.

5. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Great Idea!!!

Right now on my Galaxy Phone I have enable the Voicemail to be sent via email as an attachement to a central gmail box. Then I found a widget on the Playstore that monitors the GMail Voicemail folder and updates the badge count on the icon of the phone. So all phones that have this Widget / Monitor of Gmail account see the number of voicemails. Then if one person reads / follows up on the email voicemail, all phones are syncronized.

Thanks for out of the box thinking!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.