• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Android Phone no longer connecting outside lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexDeadly

Reaction score
Hello,

Not sure what had happened here. One thing that I know I have currently done is point my domain name to a new server. However I setup the same records as previous DNS so that it should still work. my External PBX Address is showing xxx.3cx.us and when I put that in the browser I can get to what I believe is my verizon page. if I had :5060 I get nothing. My IP at my home did not change. Nothing internall has changed. The only thing I can think is that my domain simplysyncedllc.com has been pointed to another webhost. However there is a CNAME record of office for the domain that points to a NO-IP domain. It just does not register and says register failed. My guess is that it can no longer connect. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. This did work :)

Also, I have ran the firewall checker and this still does in fact show all greens so it is not that. I looked in the log and it showed that the extension was set to not allow remote extensions. I went in and resaved the profile after unchecking the box. however I still get registration timed out

Did your external ip change with the new server ? You took a backup of your old system and restored on the new server ?

Hello Jason, no my external IP at my home, where the 3CX server is hosted has not changed. I've had the same IP for months now. I'm told its static from Verizon since I am on a business account. My internal setup hasn't changed either. I made sure to have that all set static before running the registration to ensure this would not be an issue. The phone just keeps saying registration timed out and I'm not seeing anything in my log.

In the settings I found that there was a checkbox for use Tunnel when out of , once I removed that it worked fine. The tunnel might just be incorrect. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.